Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists in the National Transformation Unit (NTU) are charged with the overall responsibilities of Monitoring and Evaluating (M&E) performance at the National and Sectoral Level.
They are expected to assist in the Monitoring and Evaluation of Government’s policies, projects and programmes as they relate to the National Developmental Agenda (NDA). Additionally they assist with the development of National Monitoring and Evaluation policies and plans; measurement and reporting systems, as well as support/facilitate capacity building in this discipline. The incumbent reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
- Assists in the selection/refinement of indicators relevant to national and sectoral measurement systems;
- Conducts evaluations of key policies, projects and programmes to ensure that National and Sectoral outcomes are consistent with Government’s National Development Agenda;
- Assists in developing National and Sectoral Performance Frameworks;
- Assists with the formulation of recommendations for improving implementation performance and the design of policies, projects and programmes.
- Participates in the process of project and programme selection, prioritization and budgetary allocation of funds to ensure alignment with Government’s Developmental Agenda;
- Conducts workshops delivers presentations and facilitates dialogue and networking with key stakeholders on M&E towards facilitating capacity building and knowledge generation;
- Monitors implementation progress and analyzes evaluation findings of policies, projects and programmes towards Evidence Based Decision Making;
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an online M&E knowledge hub towards ensuring good practice in Managing for Results in Trinidad and Tobago;
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of a network/forum for M&E, research, policy, project and planning professionals across the public and private sector to facilitate integrated approach towards national development;
- Represents the Ministry of Planning and Sustainable Development at meetings, conferences courses, committee meetings, seminars and workshops; and
- Researches best practices in monitoring and evaluation including operational structures and procedures and makes recommendations.